The DPD integration module is located in the "Integration" section, in the "Deliveries" block. Click on the integration module and then on the "Connect" button to go to the settings.
Let's consider the basic settings for connecting the DPD module. To retrieve the"Client number in the DPD system"(number of the agreement with DPD) and the"Unique key for authorisation received from a DPD employee", you need to contact your personal DPD manager.
Contact DPD support with a request to connect the tracking setting with confirmation.
In the demo version of the system, tracking of postal items is not performed.
The field“DPD recurring order number”is useful if you use delivery services on a regular basis. Check this number with your DPD manager.
The field"Payer"indicates who will pay for delivery services: the store (sender) or the client (recipient).
Ticking "Hide field in the order card"allows you to display information about the payer in the order card. If there is no checkmark, the side can be selected in the order. If the checkbox is ticked, the default setting specified above is selected.
The settingDisplay field “Date of cargo acceptance”is intended to select the field by which the date of shipment will be taken into account. If the field “Date of cargo acceptance” is not displayed or is not filled in, then the value of the “Date of shipment” field is used as the date of dispatch.
The field"Shipping cost is set by the store"allows you to choose two options:
- First "Calculated automatically by the delivery service" - the cost will be transferred automatically from DPD when you select the type of delivery and save the order.
- The second "Set manually" - the cost of delivery is specified manually or transmitted via API .
If the checkbox"Include in the amount of cash on delivery DPD commission on cash on delivery (2.5%)"is enabled, then the commission for cash on delivery is calculated automatically and added to the cost of delivery.
Please enteremailto receive notifications from DPD delivery service.
You can also customise the size for printing labels and the number of labels per sheet. This functionality duplicates the format and print settings for labels like DPD.
"Date of the last update of delivery statuses"allows you to assess how relevant the information about the delivery status in a particular order is. Updated every 3 hours.
On this tab, you must specify data on warehouses. Fields "Address" and "Phone" are required. It is important that the address with the street and the house is indicated for the warehouses, otherwise the delivery from the warehouse will be carried out only through the terminal. In the field "Regular order number" is indicated for each warehouse a number that is issued by a personal manager. The field is filled in when using the DPD Pickup option or when using delivery on a regular basis.
Store locations are specified in the Warehouses " section.
On the third tab, you can easily configure the available payment methods for the DPD delivery type. A tick in the column “Cash on delivery” means that with this payment method you can send an order by cash on delivery.
The amount of cash on delivery should not be more than the amount payable in the order.
The tab is used to configure the correspondence of DPD statuses with order statuses, which will automatically change the order status depending on the DPD status in the order. Matching data is optional to connect to DPD.
On this tab, you can set the time interval for receiving the goods and the comment to the order, which will be displayed by default.
If you tick the box "Self-delivery to the terminal", it means that you need to independently transport the goods to the DPD terminal, from where they will be sent to their destination.
In the "Terminal of dispatch" field, you can specify the default DPD terminal to which the store will deliver its goods.
Also, by default, you can set additional services that your store uses most often. Let's take a look at some of them:
- SMS and email notifications - select options, and the addressee will be informed about the location of the shipment and is ready to receive it.
- Return of documents to the sender - use the option if you need to return the accompanying documents for the cargo (consignment note, acceptance certificates), certified by the recipient.
- Temperature regime - select the service if during the transportation of your parcels and goods in Russia it is necessary to ensure the temperature is not lower than + 5 ° C.
- Return of part of the dispatch - for example, the buyer can try on the goods and select those that he is willing to pay. The rest will be returned to the sender.
- Delivery of bulky parcels - use the unloading of bulky and heavy parcels and lifting them to one place or another on any floor of your building.
- Lathing - rigid package for a parcel in the form of a wooden frame. Activate the option for transportation of fragile, breakable, bulky and non-standard cargo. Other options can be found on the DPD website .
To work with the DPD delivery service, you need to create a delivery type. How to do this is described in the following article .